Table of Contents
Aqva Ultra Tap Filter is a water filter that is attachable to a water tap.
Wilfa CHA TM-1500S is an electric kettle with adjustable temperature for boiling water and making tea.
Wilfa coffee grinder Svart Aroma CGWS-130B is an electric coffee grinder with multiple grind levels.
Ecoffee cup is an ecological, reusable coffee cup for drinking coffee on the go.
Arcos kitchen knife and Arcos wood fiber cutting board for preparing food ingredients.
AnySharp is easy to use, compact knife sharpener.
BioProffa biowaste container is a handy countertop biowaste container.
We use units in the metric system for volume, mass, and temperature.
- ml = milliliter
- dl = desiliter
- l = liter
- g = gram
- kg = kilogram
- ° Celsius = degrees in Celcius
We use the following measuring spoons:
- 1 pinch = 1 ml
- 1 tsp = 5 ml
- 1 tbsp = 15 ml
- 1 dl
- Coffee grinder
- Pour-over coffee maker with a metal filter
- Electric kettle (with adjustable temperature)
- Coffee beans, 16 g
- Water (filtered), 3 dl
- Grind the coffee beans.
- Place the ground coffee in the coffee maker.
- Heat the water into 90° Celcius.
- Pour the water over the filter and let the coffee drip.
- Open container
- Aluminum foil
- Salmon, ~1 kg, we can also use other fatty fishes
- Coarse salt
- Cut the fish in half.
- Place the larger half of fish into aluminum foil.
- Cover the half with coarse salt.
- Place the remaining half of the fish on top of the one covered with salt.
- Wrap the aluminum foil tightly.
- Place the wrap into the open container.
- Let the container sit in the fridge between overnight to 36 hours. Drain the liquid that comes off from the fish.
- Open the wrap and rinse the excess salt with cold water.
- Cut the fish into thin slices without the skin.
- Pot for boiling cabbage
- Pot for boiling the rolls
- Cabbage, 1 large (above 2 kg)
- White rice, 6 tbsp
- Ground meat, 1 kg
- Spices and herbs
- Salt, 2 tsp
Preparing the cabbage
- Remove the stem from the cabbage.
- Boil the whole cabbage for one hour.
- Remove the cabbage from the water. Save remaining cabbage water for later use.
- Now, we can remove leaves from boiled cabbage to make rolls.
Making the cabbage rolls and cooking them
- Boil the rice until soft.
- Mix the boiled rice, ground meat, spices, herbs, and salt in a bowl.
- Let the mixture cool down in the fridge, which makes it easier to handle.
- Fill the cabbage leaves with the mixture and roll them.
- Place the rolls tightly into a pot.
- Add butter and cabbage water until rolls are submerged.
- Boil the rolls for an hour with the lid on the pot.
- 8l Pressure cooker
- Coarse metal filter
- Fine metal filter
- Marrow bones or bones with meat, as many as can fit the pressure cooker
- Water (filtered)
- Add bones to the pressure cooker and cover with water.
- Boil until pressure cooker is pressurized, then simmer for 6-8 hours.
- Pour the broth through the coarse metal filter to remove bones and large residue.
- Pour the broth through the fine metal filter to remove the small residue.
- Let the broth cool down, then put it on the fridge. Once the fat solidifies on top, skim it to separate containers.
- Resulting broth should be clear and without residue. We can use fat as cooking fat.
- Whisk or electric mixer
- Heavy cream, 5 dl
- Egg yolks, 5
- Honey, 5 tbsp
- Salt, 3 pinches
- Lemon juice, 3 tbsp
- Make whipped cream from the heavy cream in the bowl.
- Mix in the egg yolks, honey, salt, and lemon juice.
- Place the mixture in the freezer until the consistency becomes ice-creamy.